As home energy costs continue to rise, the popularity of solar energy systems continues to grow. With more people starting to consider solar power, it is very important to have a good knowledge of the entire process. Let’s take a look at some interesting facts about solar and solar energy companies in Florida.
- With 89 Petawatts of potential solar energy production available on earth, solar is now the world’s most abundant available source of power.
- Over a million solar systems have been installed in the U.S. alone.
- The cost of solar panels has fallen approximately 100 times over since 1977, and solar panels today are about half as cheap as they were in 2008.
- The average American who went solar in 2011 will save around $20,000 over the next 20 years.
- When it comes to return on investment, solar power is one of the best investments out there.
- Homeowners, on average, can get a better ROI from going solar than from the S&P 500 stock index.
- In some areas, solar offers a better average ROI than 30-year treasury bonds.
- Many homeowners see their breakeven point reached in as little as three years.
- While most people go solar for financial reasons, solar also offers major environmental benefits.
- 68% of all solar systems installed in the U.S. have been installed in the last two and a half years.
Are You Looking for Solar Energy Companies in Florida?
If you are considering going solar, it’s important to do your homework before you go forward with it. One of those things is to get an estimate. Contact us today to learn more about our services and to get an estimate.