A solar panel is a set of photovoltaic modules, electrically connected assembly of solar cells. It is mounted on a supporting structure and can be used as a system to generate electricity in residential and commercial applications. Let’s take a look at some other fun facts about solar panels and solar panel installation in Florida.
Solar Panel Fun Facts
- A photovoltaic system includes an array of solar modules or a panel, an inverter, a solar tracer or battery, interconnecting wiring.
- There are two types of solar panels: one produces electricity (photovoltaic), another collects heat (thermal).
- Solar shingles look like ordinary asphalt roof shingles, and it can be used to avoid the unpleasant look of traditional panels.
- Smart solar modules make use of power optimizers and this technology maximizes the harvest of photovoltaic energy. Modules must withstand natural calamities. Manufacturers guarantee electricity production for 10 years at 90% and 25 years at 80% rated power output.
- The requirement for commercial purpose and residential purpose is different. Residential needs can be packaged and are simple whereas commercial arena uses complex parabolic reflectors.
- Cells are generally protected from moisture and mechanical damage.
- Most solar panels have 200- or 250-watt capacities.
- The majority of solar panels can produce eight to ten kilowatts of energy per square foot.
- Most homes consume nearly 11,000 kilowatt-hours of energy each year, 1 meaning that to power your entire home off the grid, you’d need upwards of 30 250-watt solar panels that get a daily average of four hours of full sunlight.
Are You Looking for Solar Panel Installation in Florida?
If you are thinking about having solar panels installed at your home, look no further than Abundant Energy. Contact us today to learn more.